Kansas City, KS
Taqueria 7 Leguas
Kansas Department of Agriculture’s (KDA) food safety and lodging program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 3/17/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Taqueria 7 Leguas was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- KDA 58* witnessed food employee wash hands in the triple basin sink prior to donning gloves and handling clean dishes. COS, educated and rewashed hands in hand sink.
- In reach-in-cooler, raw bacon stored over raw ready to eat bell peppers, as well as in direct contact with a block of cheese. No leakage evident. COS. PIC rearranged.
- In reach-in-cooler, raw bacon stored in direct contact with package of cooked ready to eat deli meat. No leakage present. COS. Educated. PIC rearranged. In cooler under make table, package of cooked ready to eat tortillas stored in direct contact with container of chopped raw beef and raw shrimp. No leakage present. COS. PIC rearranged.
- KDA 58 observed food employee handled raw chorizo with his gloves hands, and without a glove change or a hand wash handled ready to eat buns with his gloved hands. COS. Educated. PIC voluntary discard adulterated buns and food employee washed hands.
- In reach in cooler, prepared on-site cooked green salsa bore no date markings. PIC stated it had been produced 3/15/20, greater than 24 hours ago. COS, educated. PIC placed appropriate date marking on container.
- In make table, commercially packaged deli meat opened without a date marking. PIC stated it had been opened 3/15/20, greater than 24 hours ago. COS, educated. PIC placed appropriate date marking.
- In reach-in-cooler, container of cooked chicken bore a date of 3/7/20, greater than 7 days ago. COS, educated. PIC voluntary discard.
- One lively adult cockroach found on wall above and adjacent to triple basin sink in kitchen area. One lively adult cockroach found on floor below triple basin sink in kitchen area. PIC provided last pest control invoice with a date of 2/19/2020
- Unmarked spray bottle of purple liquid. PIC stated it was degreaser. COS. PIC labelled.
- One aerosol bottle of Raid Ant & Roach found at door frame to the exterior inside the kitchen area. Educated
KDA 58- Kansas Department of Agriculture Inspector Number 58.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler