Scott City, KS
Peking Garden Restaurant
324 MAIN ST
SCOTT CITY, KS 67871
Kansas Department of Agriculture’s food safety and lodging program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 8/4/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Peking Garden Restaurant was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 8 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Carton of raw shell eggs stored on a tray in reach in cooler in kitchen on cookline on wire shelving over bags of cooked chicken, and open bowl of cooked cooling RTE chicken. COS moved. PIC stated the eggs were personal, but potential for contamination is still present regardless of ownership of item.
- On cookline, made on site garlic in oil at 94F. PIC stated it was made a half hour ago. COS placed in ice bath and placed in walk in cooler to chill. Discussed garlic in water with PIC.
- Made on site cream cheese mixture in walk in cooler without a date of prep on container. PIC stated it was made 8/1/20. COS dated
- Nonfood grade plastic container (Sterilite) used to hold cut cabbage in small reach in cooler on cookline. COS changed out to metal pan.
- Several (over 20) small flies in mop sink area crawling on dish tray in basin and on basin. PIC stated she did not have a contracted pest control person, but would call one to treat the problem.
- Working spray bottle of orange liquid in dish area without a label stating contents. PIC stated it was oven cleaner. COS labeled.
- Bottle of bleach concentrate stored on top of dish machine in kitchen. PIC stated the machine would not work with the bottle on the floor. Suggested the bottle be mounted on the wall, using a basket. NOT COS.
- Spray can of RAID flying insect (EPA Reg# 4822-153) used in facility per PIC is for use in residential setting, not restaurant use specific.
- Box of D’con in kitchen area on floor under shelving with a smashed box not in covered tamper resistant bait station. PIC stated he would move it after lunch service.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler