Brick Street Furniture Company in Sabetha
114 N 11TH ST
SABETHA, KS 66534
The Kansas of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on November 12, 2019. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the rick Street Furniture Company in Sabetha was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 14 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- There is no hot water at the hand sink and three compartment sink in the kitchen trailer attached to the building. The employee said the hot water heater stopped working about 2 months ago. Voluntarily closure on the attached trailer that houses a commercial kitchen.
- There is no water coming out of the faucets of the hand sink and three compartment sink in the large trailer that houses a kitchen that is attached to the building. The pipes are frozen. Voluntarily closure on the attached trailer that houses a commercial kitchen.
- The facility will serve under-cooked steaks. There is no disclosure on the menu. The menu only has the consumer advisory reminder. The employee did not have the original box the meat came in. He was unsure if the meat is whole muscle.
- In the kitchen, there was a slicer stored as clean with dried food debris on the blades. (cos-slicer moved to the three compartment sink for ware washing)
- There is a garden hose (non-food grade) that is being used to fill up the fresh water tank on the trailer that houses a kitchen.
- No paper towels or other hand drying provisions at the bar handwashing sink. (corrected on site (cos)-paper towels supplied)
- In the large trailer attached to the back-side of the building, there was no common name on a bottle that held a clear liquid. The employee said the liquid was sanitizer. (cos-bottle labeled)
- The Licensee did not cease operations and notify KDA of the imminent health hazard of no water in the attached trailer that houses a kitchen.
- In the Atosa reach in cooler, there was an open box of raw bacon stored on top of a produce bag of raw, ready to eat whole avocados. No leakage present. (cos-avocados moved away from the bacon to allow spacing between the two items on a wire shelf).
- In the Artic Air reach in cooler in the trailer, there was a carton of raw shell eggs stored on an open box that held wrapped sticks of real butter. No leakage present. (cos-raw shell eggs moved below the butter).
- In the Atosa reach in cooler, there was a sealed package of raw chicken stored partially on top of sealed package of raw ground beef. No leakage present. (cos-the package of ground beef was moved away from the chicken to allow spacing between the two meat items).
- In the Beverage Air reach in cooler, there was no date marking on cooked lobster. The employee said the lobster was cooked on Saturday (11/9). (cos-lobster date marked) In the salad bar, there was no date marking on cooked chicken, cut ham, and made pasta salad. The employee said the items had been cooked or prepped on Saturday (11/9). (cos-food items date marked) In the refrigerated prep table in the attached trailer, there was no date marking on made chicken salad and cooked fettuccine noodles. The employee said the noodles and chicken salad were made on Saturday (11/9). (cos-items date marked)
- In the refrigerated prep table in the attached trailer, there was no date marking on an opened container of heavy cream, a container of opened crab meat, and opened Italian meat (ham, pepperoni, salami). The employee said the crab meat was opened on Friday (11/8), the heavy cream on Saturday (11/9), and Italian meat opened on Friday (11/8). (cos-food items dated)
- In the Beverage Air reach in cooler, there were three containers of cooked on-site taco meat dated 11/5, two containers of cooked hamburger dated 10/6, two containers of cooked sausage dated 10/31, opened pizza sauce 11/2, made cream sauce 10/31, and made spinach dip 11/2. The food items were held over 7 days. (cos-food items voluntarily discarded) In the Artic Air reach in cooler in the trailer, there was an opened container of ricotta cheese dated with an open date of 10/16. The Ricotta cheese was held over 7 days. (cos-cheese voluntarily discarded)