Woodies Smokehouse BBQ
2100 E KANSAS AVE
MCPHERSON, KS 67460
Kansas Department of Agriculture’s (KDA) food safety and lodging program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 8/20/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Woodies Smokehouse BBQ was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 6 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- In the WIC 4 closed bags of cooked brisket made 9/19/20. Today 8/20/20 11:41 am temp 45-46F. COS PIC disposed of 4 bags of brisket in the trash. Educated PIC on cooling methods. Educated to try removing brisket for heat safe bag and placing on cooling rack.
- Turkey in prep RIC 54F. Employee state the turkey was removed from WIC for slicing at 9:45 am. Turkey is sliced , put in portion bags and then stacked in deep metal pan. Links had same process and was removed at 10:30 am. Temp at 11:20 54F. COS PIC placed brisket, turkey and links in freezer. Temps at 1:15 Brisket 42F Turkey 33F Links 23F
- Improper date make on the RIC cooler portion bagged turkey. Turkey cooked on 8/19/20. Date on container 8/20/20. COS Educated PIC that when date marking use the date cooked/prepped plus 6.
- No paper towels or other hand drying provisions at the handwashing sink in the back of the kitchen. COS PIC provided roll of paper towels.
- When standing by the backdoor and prep area 12-16 live flies, flying and landing on people, electrical cords and mop sink. PIC stated licensed pest control comes every 2 months.
- Spray bottle with manufacturer label (glass cleaner) contained bleach water. COS PIC disposed of spray bottle.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler