12755 S Mur-Len Rd
Olathe, KS 66062
The Kansas of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/17/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Tea Garden was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 13 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Located in the reach in cooler on the server line, there was a gallon of milk opened without a date. Person in charge(PIC) was unsure when product was opened. COS, product voluntarily discarded.
- Located in the reach in cooler(RIC) on the grill line, on the top portion there were metal pans of raw chicken, shrimp, and pork stored directly over an open pan of cooked noodles. No sign of leakage present. COS, cooked noodles moved to other side of fridge so no possible contamination could occur. Located in the walk in cooler(WIC), there were 2 plastic tubs with lids that had raw chicken and 1 plastic tub with a lid that had raw pork inside that was stored on a wire metal shelf directly over five gallon buckets of cooked sauce. No sign of leakage present. COS, sauce moved to other side of WIC so no possible contamination could occur.
- Located in the RIC on the grill line, on the top portion there were metal pans of raw chicken, shrimp, and pork stored directly over an open pans of raw, ready to eat(RTE) onions, carrots, rice noodles, and cilantro. No sign of leakage present. COS, RTE products moved to other side of cooler so no possible contamination could occur.
- Located on the grill line, on the far west side, there was a metal pan of rice sitting on the counter with a temp of 75’F. Cook said it was made at 11AM and left there. Picture taken at 12:50PM. COS, rice voluntarily discarded. Located on the grill line, in two plastic tubs sitting on the counter there was cooked chicken bites at 50’F and 55’F. Picture taken at 1:05PM, cook said they had been out for 30 minutes. COS, chicken was put into RIC for a rapid cool.
- Throughout the FE, there are roughly 30-50 thank-you bags being used to store food in(Freezers and WIC). These are not food grade safe bags. PIC said they will go through and get rid of all the non-food grade bags and put food in safe containers.
- No thermometer available.
- Facility could not provide test strips.
- Can opener stored as clean had dried food debris on the blade. COS, can opener removed from service to be cleaned.
- Hand washing sink in the server area had two sponges, a plastic container, and rice within. COS, sponges and container removed and education provided.
- In the mens restroom, there was no soap provided. Corrected on site(COS), employee refilled soap bottle.
- No paper towels or other hand drying provisions at the hand sink on the grill line. COS, paper towels supplied.
- Located to the right of the 3 compartment sink, there was a gallon jug of liquid detergent stored in contact with an open box of bottles of soy sauce and manufacturer sealed bags of uncooked rice. No sign of leakage present. COS, chemical moved to designated area.
- Located on the bottom self of a table across from the 3 compartment sink, there were two cans of Raid Ant & Roach spray. EPA# 4822-447 “Intended for indoor residential use only.” COS, cans were voluntarily discarded.