Horton’s Pizza Plus
101 N WEST ST
ARMA, KS 66712
Kansas Department of Agriculture’s (KDA) food safety and lodging program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 9/4/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Horton’s Pizza Plus was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- A female employee, wearing single-use gloves, placed a raw Hamburger on the grill, removed her gloves, donned new gloves, and picked up a pizza box. COS- The box was discarded and the employee washed her hands.
- In the walk in cooler, a plastic container of raw Hamburger Patties was stored on top of a case of pint Milk Bottles. COS- The PIC rearranged the items.
- Cookies, packaged in the establishment and available for customer self-service, lacked allergen labeling information. COS- The PIC provided labeling.
- The establishment has dozens of flies throughout the building. The PIC stated that an approved pesticide is applied at the close of business every night. The Inspector discussed additional pest control options.
- In the storage room, Lighter Fluid and Motor Oil were stored on a wooden shelf above cases of soft-drinks. COS- The PIC removed the items.
Papa John’s in Pittsburg blunders inspection with 5 violations; Not discarding old food after 7 days back to February 24, No running water at kitchen hand sink
Papa John’s in Pittsburg blunders inspection with 5 violations; Not discarding old food after 7 days back to February 24, No running water at kitchen hand sinkv
Pittsburg’s Brick and Mortar fouls follow-up inspection, 3rd fail since December; 10 violations, 9 repeat violations
Pittsburg’s Brick and Mortar fouls follow-up inspection, 3rd fail since December; 10 violations
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler