Miss Marie’s Diner
101 W PARALLEL
CLIFTON, KS 66937
Kansas Department of Agriculture’s (KDA) food safety and lodging program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/1/21. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations Miss Marie’s Diner was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 10 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- A carton of raw shell eggs stored next to container of fresh cut vegetables. No leakage and COS by moving to bottom shelf.
- No disclosure or reminder for undercooked burgers or eggs. COS gave consumer advisory notice to post.
- Flour stored in a 5 gallon Ace bucket not intended for food storage. COS and dumped into metal bowl. Pic order food liners.
- Frozen biscuits stored in grocery store plastic bags. COS and PIC placed in Ziploc bag.
- Located in clean utensil holder was a rubber spatula with melted handles. COS PIC removed to shave handles down.
- French fry cutter, knives, forks had dry food debris on them. COS and moved to dish area for cleaning.
- No detectable sanitizer in ware washing machine. After washing in mechanical ware washing PIC will sanitize in food prep sink at 200ppm. Called for maintenance.
- No paper towels provided at sink in kitchen area. COS and Person in charge put (PIC) paper towels next to sink on counter.
- Clear liquid in a squeezy bottle, and two bottles of a blue liquid not labeled. COS and walked out front door with them.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer stored touching tooth picks in front bar. Bottles of liquid hand soap stored above Togo containers in dry storage on wire shelf. No leakage present. COS and moved to bottom shelf.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler